Monday 19 November 2007

Let's share your experience about genetic disorders

This is the example from a patient with Marfan Syndrome
Questions and answers from real patients and real doctors.Q. Surgery always scared me. I wanna know that if I take drugs that you said to reduce heart beat, and I also avoid from vigorous exercise as I have read from the leaflet, could it possibly that the great arteries decreased it size or it cannot be reversible.Do I ultimately have to undergo surgery?A. Drug can usually slow down the rate of progressive enlarge of the vessel, but that cannot reverse it to the normal one. Many one can live normally with drug and restrict for some exercise without any surgery. regularly check up by Echo of the heart is mandatory.

1 comment:

Dr Prasit Phowthongkum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.